Baby shower thank you cards are always heartwarming tokens to thank your guests with lots of love. You can attach thank you cards to the favors you give out at the party and you can send them in the mail a few days or up to a week after the baby shower.
If you’ve got a bit of time on your hands, you can create unique baby shower thank you cards yourself.
A few important tips when creating your baby shower thank you cards:
- It’s always best to write each of the baby shower thank you cards in your own writing and not send out a computer generated bulk note. Your guests spent the time to buy a gift and come to your baby shower, it can mean a lot to each guest to get a personal thank you note. It won’t take you that long, spare an hour or two and you’ll be done in no time.
- Personalize each of the thank you cards. Write the guest’s name and mention the gift they bought and what it means to you. If their gift is connected to a special story or has a special meaning, tell your guests and it’ll make their day!
- Show Appreciation . Even if you really didn’t like the gift your Great Aunt brought to your baby shower (hand-knitted booties that don’t suite your taste at all), it’s still important to write her a few kind words. You can say something like, “Thank you for taking the time to create a hand-crafted gift”, or, “Thank you for the thoughtful baby rattle”. Even if you don’t care for the gift itself, it’s important to show your appreciation and thank your guest from the bottom of your heart. Remember, the gift is not what’s important, it’s the time and love invested.
- Thank the guests not only for their gift, but also thank them for their presence at the baby shower. Let them know that it was a pleasure to have them.
- Here’s an example of a nice note to send out: “Dearest Aunt Mary, I just love the baby blanket you gave me at the shower. I can’t wait to wrap my baby in it’s soft texture. I know she’ll look adorable with it. Thank you again for coming, your presence is very much appreciated. I hope we can spend a little time together before the baby arrives. I’m up to my ears in diapers :-)!. Much Love, Judy”
- You can add all kinds of sentences to your thank you cards that show your appreciation, like “The baby will love it”, “You always pick the most adorable gifts”, “It will definitely come in handy”, “You are a dear and thoughtful friend”. You then finish off with “Love”, “Warm Regards”, “Thanks Again”, “Sincerely Yours”, etc.
- For your thank you cards, choose special paper that suites your baby shower theme in colors or subject. Baby shower thank you cards don’t have to be long or large in size, they are usually small and sweet.
- You can cut your baby shower thank you cards into baby shapes like baby rattles, bottles, pacifiers, etc, glue them onto magnets, and then cut the magnets into the shape of the card.
- If you’ve already given birth to your baby before sending the thank you cards, consider taking a small photograph of your new loved one and sending a photo with each thank-you note.
We have created for you these printable baby shower thank you cards (they all match our printable invitations, but are smaller).
You can print out thank you cards that already have a few lines of text and add your own text or print the blank ones and write for yourself. We have also created this whole page of baby shower thank-you poems to help inspire you and what you write…